Friday, April 11, 2014

Stepping out in faith!

Today I am starting a blog to reach out to anyone who loves to bake.  I have been blessed with a ministry at my church, where I bake every Wednesday for our coffee bar.  My husband Chuck makes the coffee and I make the baked goods.  Then when the bible study is over, everyone comes out to fellowship.  I have been doing this for several years now and have prayerfully considered sharing pictures and my recipes that I make each week.

A few weeks ago I made a punch bowl cake as pictured below.



Punch Bowl Cake        


Ingredients:

1 yellow cake mix
2 (5 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
5 cups of milk
6 bananas
2 (21 oz) cans cherry pie filling
2 (20 oz) crushed pineapples drained
1 (16 oz) frozen whipped topping..thawed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
12 maraschino cherries drained



Directions

  1. Bake cake mix according to package directions for 2 layers or one 13 x 9, let cake cool.
  2. Prepare the pudding according to package with the 5 c. milk using a whisk til thickened.
  3. In a large punch or trifle bowl, start with one layer of the cake or 1/2 of 13 x 9, cut into pieces on bottom of punch or trifle bowl.  Spread with half of the pudding, then slice three bananas over the pudding. Then layer 1 can drained crushed pineapple, following with one can of the pie filling, half of the coconut and next half of thawed whipped topping.
  4. Repeat in the same order with the remaining ingredients.
  5. Top with remaining whipped topping, then sprinkle with chopped walnuts and decorate with maraschino cherries. Chill and serve.  Serves 16 - 20.




I hope you enjoy and I will see you soon.  If you have any comments or ideas or need prayer let me know.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Prayerfully yours,
Cheri
Phil 4:13

4 comments:

  1. Let the secrets out...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pastor Jared, Hope all is well! Tell Lindsay hello for me.
      Love in Christ
      Cheri

      Delete
  2. Hi, honey - you look so cute!!! You sure took after Mom with your gift of baking. I know you, Chuck and your baked goods are a blessing to everyone at your church. You guys are such a blessing to us. I look forward to seeing what's cookin' next week. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete